- Join Kobo & start eReading today
- Account Options
- 4th Edition
- Introduction: African Politics since Independence | SpringerLink
- An Introduction to African Politics
It is divided into five parts, namely: Legacies of the past; Negotiating South Africa's transition; Procedural democratisation; Substantive democratisation and South Africa's international relations.
Join Kobo & start eReading today
The book is written using accessible academic language and covers the theoretical explanations for and practical aspects of politics within the South African context. Features Current examples of challenges to South Africa's democracy are highlighted, namely, a historical context of apartheid and liberation politics, socio-economic inequalities, the prevalence of service delivery protests and voter apathy. Similarly, examples of the strengths of South Africa's democracy are highlighted, its laudable Constitution, its negotiated transition and a vibrant, independent civil society Key concepts that offer a quick reference guide to students and support learning Perspective boxes that provide additional examples and information and enrich the content, Definition boxes that explain important concepts in detail and ensure students have a thorough understanding End-of-chapter questions which enable students to self-assess their knowledge and understanding Profile boxes that highlight pivotal figures or organisations in the South African political landscape to guide students through the historical context of SA politics.
The specification in this catalogue, including without limitation price, format, extent, number of illustrations, and month of publication, was as accurate as possible at the time the catalogue was compiled. Due to contractual restrictions, we reserve the right not to supply certain territories.
Description Contents Readership The book approaches South African politics through a democratic development perspective. Part 1: Legacies of the past. Adam Branch. Liberation Movements in Power.
Roger Southall. Shadrack W. African Institutions.
- An Introduction to African Politics by Alex Thomson.
- British Musical Biography: A Dictionary of Musical Artists, Authors and Composers, born in Britain and its Colonies;
- Account Options?
- Molecular fluorescence: principles and applications.
- An Introduction to African Politics on Apple Books.
- 4th Edition!
- Miss Kays Duck Commander Kitchen: Faith, Family, and Food--Bringing Our Home to Your Table.
Ali A. Problems of Protection. Niklaus Steiner. South Africa - The Present as History. John S. United Nations Global Conferences.
- An Introduction to African Politics - Alex Thomson - Google книги?
- Introduction: African Politics since Independence.
- Advances in protein chemistry Volume 2;
- Backgammon: Winning Strategies!
- How to Start a Home-Based Personal Chef Business (Home-Based Business Series).
- Foundations of Analysis: The Arithmetic of Whole, Rational, Irrational, and Complex Numbers. A Supplement to Textbooks on the Differential and Integral Calculus.
Michael G. Democracy in the Developing World.
Jeffrey Haynes. Readings in the International Relations of Africa. Shared Responsibility. Carsten Staur. Routledge History of International Organizations. Bob Reinalda. African Struggles Today. Peter Dwyer. Errol P. Reconstructing the Authoritarian State in Africa. George Klay Kieh. Africa in International Politics. Ian Taylor. The United Nations.
Norrie MacQueen. Africa and the North. Ulf Engel.
Introduction: African Politics since Independence | SpringerLink
Global Politics for A-level. Robert Murphy. The UN General Assembly. National Liberation Movements as Government in Africa. Redie Bereketeab. The Future of Africa. Joseph Spark. Durable Peace. Taisier Ali. Africa and Fortress Europe. Belachew Gebrewold. Never Trust Ann Coulter. Historical Dictionary of the United Nations. Jacques Fomerand. Identity, Citizenship, and Political Conflict in Africa. Edmond J.
Gail Ellis. City Limits. Paul E. Making of an African Giant. Dan Mou. Legalized It! David Bienenstock. European Politics. Paul Kubicek. The African Union. Timothy Murithi. Nigeria Since Independence. United Nations Reform. Eric Fawcett. Reworking the Relationship between Asylum and Employment. Penelope Mathew.
An Introduction to African Politics
A Comparative Introduction to Political Science. Alan G. Raymond Sturgis. The Responsibility to Protect in International Law. Susan Breau. Encyclopedia of Twentieth-Century African History. Dickson Eyoh.